Friday, March 4, 2011

Looking Back

Being crazy busy the first few years I didn't have time to do everyday things let alone write a blog .  I just started it up again...I was going over the old posts and was about to delete a bunch that didn't really "fit" what I was going for,  then decided that I would keep them to show the success and progress in my work in the last few years.  My business has grown in so many ways.  I now create custom card/money boxes and pens.  I have business relationships with photo booth owners, wedding planners and create items for brides all over the world! 
Elegantly Bound is no longer on etsy.com.  Started my own shop last year and you can't link your website from your etsy shop if they both are selling the same items (I need to have the links to show all my options).  Not to mention the crazy high bill I had from etsy each month.  But I couldn't have done this with out them.  Really set me up for success! 
I'm so very blessed with my business.  There has been some ups and downs along the way.  Lost my mom last April and that put me in a funk... got a little behind on orders in that time... then summer hit and I was just insanely busy.  Don't get me wrong I really do love creating a custom item making someones wedding just a little more special.  Having your own business is both rewarding and challenging each day.  I can't say it enough, I am very blessed with my talent and the demand for my work, oh and I can't forget my loving and very helpful husband.  I wouldn't be able to do it without him =)

No comments:

Post a Comment